Governor of Sokoto state, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, has stated that bandits and kidnappers have been terrorizing and terrifying the public in recent times in various sections of the state. He placed the blame on

the scenario of the invasion of bandits and criminals displaced by security personnel deployed under Operation Hadarin Daji to put an end to their criminal operations in adjacent Zamfara state.

According to Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal of Sokoto state, this has made the state “extremely exposed” to the criminal groups’ murderous and inhumane acts.

Read Also:  Nasarawa Gov, Sule bags TheNigerian star award for performance

These were stated by Tambuwal on Friday when he received a high-powered Federal Government delegation led by the National Security Adviser (NSA), Maj. Gen. Muhammad Babagana Munguno (rtd), who noted that the consequences of Operation Hadarin Daji have resulted in “in broad daylight” attacks and kidnappings “in some parts of Isa, Sabon Birni, Tangaza, Illela, and several other local government areas of the state” before now

Monguno’s team includes Usman Alkali Baba, the Inspector-General of Police, Maj. Gen. Samuel Adebayo, the Chief of Defence Intelligence (CDI), Maj. Gen. Samuel Adebayo, and Yusuf Maitama Bichi and Amb. Ahmed Rufa’i Abubakar, the Directors-General of the Department of State Services and the National Intelligence Agency, respectively.

“Operation Hadarin Daji,” the forerunner to the buildup of tension and crisis in Sokoto state, was carried out without any blocking force surrounding the bordering states, particularly Sokoto state,” Gov. Tambuwal addressed the security and intelligence leaders.

“Also, the timing of the operation was not helped by the fact that our security officers did not have enough equipment to move and restrain and contain those who would pander to Sokoto state.” As a result of the timing and manner in which the operation was carried out, Sokoto was left extremely vulnerable.

“It appears that the bandits being sought in Zamfara state have shifted to Sokoto.” “This is a significant call for worry,” he stated, urging President Muhammadu Buhari to “deploy more resources to the state of Sokoto.”

“More boots on the ground are required. I am aware of the situation at the center, but I feel that something can be done, and that it should be done quickly and urgently since our situation is rapidly deteriorating,” he added.

Read Also:  Cryptocurrencies pose a threat to traditional currencies

Perhaps also in his capacity as Deputy Chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF), Tambuwal reaffirmed his counterparts’ commitment and support for President Muhammadu Buhari in the fight against insecurity and other evils, mentioning specifically the support his administration had been providing to the apex government in his state.

“You can check this with the chiefs of security services in Sokoto state; there is nothing they have asked of us that we have not done.” Not a single thing. We have provided security personnel in Sokoto state with at least 500 vehicles since the start of this government. Despite the limited resources available to the state, we are doing everything we can in terms of funding,” he stated.

Earlier in his remarks, Gen. Monguno thanked Gov. Tambuwal for shortening an official trip to receive the Federal Government delegation at such short notice, and said they were in Sokoto “on a specific mission and instruction of President Buhari, “to condole with you and the very good people of Sokoto state, as well as His Eminence, the Sultan of Sokoto, who appears to be in Abuja, over the unfortunate incidents that have been occurring over the last couple of weeks.”

“It has been a terrible set of incidents in which many innocent lives have been lost,” he said, adding that their visit “affirms the gravity with which Mr President sees the occurrences of the last couple of weeks.”

“No life lost is insignificant.” Every citizen’s life is valuable, and Mr. President is deeply concerned about the needless deaths that are occurring.

Read also:  Oyerinmade’s campaign for Ondo South Senatorial seat

“Mr. President wishes me to express his heartfelt condolences for the loss of all citizens who have passed away.” He also wants us to express his sincere sorrow and desire that the perpetrators of these heinous, evil acts be captured and brought to justice.

“The fact that the country’s highest security echelon is here indicates that Mr. President wants us to handle this matter so that the people of Sokoto state can have some sense of closure through a definite procedure in determining what happened to these sad and innocent folks.”

“Mr. President is profoundly concerned that his fellow countrymen have had to endure this ordeal. He has been given the task of ensuring that the necessary agencies do not rest until we are able to apprehend the culprits of not only the most recent two instances, but also previous ones,” he said.

Read Also:  Troops rescue 20 policeman abducted by terrorists

Monguno’s delegation then had a closed-door meeting with their host, his deputy, Hon. Manir Muhammad Dan’Iya, the Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Hon. Aminu Muhammad Achida, Chairmen of the Isa and Sabon Birni local government areas, heads of security agencies in the state, some traditional rulers, and other top state government officials.

Previous articleThe Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has distributed N5.7 billion to 10,000 wheat farmers in Bauchi
Next articleAlleged kidnap: Evans to know fate Feb 25 high court in Ikeja has fixed

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here